Boss has created a first-of-its-kind tube amp controller, the WAZA Tube Amp Expander. The new unit, due for release early next year, is designed to be a kind-of ‘command centre’ for tube amplifiers, giving players all the tools they need to customise their tube sound.
Boss’ new WAZA Tube Amp Expander is a first-of-its-kind tube amp controller that adds flexibility to your existing tube amp setup.
Created with Waza’s expertise and Boss’ Tube Logic design concept, the WAZA Tube Amp Expander incorporates an active analogue power stage and microphone cabinet simulator as well as impulse response or IR. The unit can support tube amps up to 150 watts, and packs in a compressor, delay and reverb effects, while also providing four EQs and 10 favourite settings.
The controller has an onboard external effects loop, which can be run in Series or Parallel mode. Also included is a USB recording interface, XLR line outputs and headphone outputs which add a whole new level of flexibility and connectivity to your tube amp setup.
Boss has definitely been busy, this week they also revealed a new range of Nextone Amplifiers, which combined with the Tube Amp Expander could be a mean combination.
For more information take a look at the Boss’ product page.
- Boss Unveils the New Nextone-Artist and Nextone-Stage Amplifiers Boss has released two new amps to its amp line-up, the 80watt Nextone-Artist and the 40watt Nextone-Stage. These combo amps make use of Boss' Tube Logic Technology, which has been […]
- An Icon Reborn: Vox Launches the AC30S1 Guitar Amplifier Vox has debuted the AC30S1 guitar amp, which is based on the chimey Top Boost channel of the inimitable AC30. It presents the new amp in a simplified format, dispensing with multiple […]
- The Supro Keeley Custom Amp is the Perfect Platform for Pedals Supro and Keeley Electronics have collaborated to deliver the Supro Keeley Custom Amp. It dishes up an all-tube design, with an EQ section that's specially voiced to work with gain pedals […]
- The Strokes’ Albert Hammond Jr to Auction 8 Amps For Charity If you're a fan of The Strokes, this is it. Guitarist Albert Hammond Jr has announced that he will be generously auctioning off 8 amplifiers for The Otis Redding Foundation, Girls Rock […]
- Fender Announce a Slew of Updates to the Hot Rod Series of Amps Fender's ubiquitous Hot Rod series of amps is getting an update. Lauded for their affordability, accessibility, and versatility, the amps are a mainstay in modern rock, found everywhere […]
- Mooer Release’s Three New Pedals for Their Micro Preamp Range Need a big amp sound but don't have a lot of room? Mooer's got you covered.
Their new micro preamp range has been designed to faithfully replicate the preamps of popular tube […]