There’s nothing better to wake up to on a Monday than two dastardly handsome new effects pedals. Introducing the Boss RV-500 Reverb and MD-500 Modulation.
The two new stompboxes expand on the series which began with the DD-500 Delay, undoubtedly one of the most popular delay pedals of the past year.
Roland has expanded their pedal catalogue with the Boss RV-500 Reverb and MD-500 Modulation, twin successors to the world-renowned DD-500 Delay.
Both pedals are set in the same chassis as the DD-500, making for a clean visual addition to the series. I can already picture the pedal boards with a trifecta of these bad boys up top.
Both units run with 32–bit AD/DA conversion, stereo plus MIDI ins and outs, and a USB out for USB/MIDI and software sound editors.
The RV-500 boasts 12 modes with 21 reverb types (including Roland classics like the SRV-2000 Reverb and RE-201 Space Echo) with some extensive editing parameters.
The MV-500 includes a ton of new Boss-developed effects as well as vintage classics like the CE-1 Chorus Ensemble, Roland Dimension D, 70s script phaser, 80s tri-chorus, and numerous others.
Both pedals also include a dandy looking ‘Simul’ mode which allows you to use two reverb/modulation patches at once. Yummy.
- Placing A Crown on the BOSS DD-7. The only BOSS Analog Man claims doesn’t need a mod! In the guitar world, BOSS pedals are like childhood friends. Chances are the first pedal you bought as a budding guitarist was something along the lines of a DS-1 - fun, simple and like […]
- Pioneer DJ Announces New DDJ-800 Controller
Pioneer DJ has announced the widely anticipated DDJ-800, a new two-channel controller for its Rekordbox DJ software. The new system is geared to sit between the entry-level DDJ-400 and […]
- Steinberg Announces Cubase 10, So What’s New? Steinberg has announced the latest version of their long-running DAW, Cubase 10. The release covers three versions, Elements, Artist and Pro, with each offering new creative features to […]
- Bounce Ideas Around with the Oddball Drum Machine Making beats, controlling MIDI and creating music while improving your hand-eye coordination - Oddball is a Kickstarter project that offers a new way to produce music.
Oddball invites […]
- The Tritone: The Devil in Music or Just an Ugly Duckling? That jarring two note intro to Purple Haze, the unholy riff in Black Sabbath's Black Sabbath, the opening to the Simpsons' Halloween Specials. What do these songs have in common? They're […]
- Build Your Own Reverb with the Hyperspace Plugin Usually when you add reverb to a mix, it's easy to feel locked into a few trusted archetypes - spring tanks, plates and concert halls. Hyperspace is a plugin that transcends those […]