BitMidi has unleashed a monstrous stash of midi files that encompass chart-toppers, video games OSTs and Disney classics. So if you’re looking for your next cover project, or you’re just hanging for the sound of your favourite childhood video game, the search might be over.
With more than a hundred thousand midi files spanning a range of genres, BitMidi is the new go to for a nostalgia fix, or even a remix.
The site was initially curated from a zip file found on Reddit, but with a new front end with a search function and a clever Random Midi button for a lucky dip from the selection, the new library was born.
Check it out here.
- Connect to your DAW or Stand Alone with the Akai MPK Mini Play Akai Pro has revealed the MPK Mini Play. Yes, it still has regular MIDI control capabilities, but it also stands alone with its own built in sounds.
With or without the […]
- The PortaFm Dishes Up 80s Keyboard Nostalgia in Spades Developed by Plogue, the PortaFM emulates the eccentric and lo-fi mini FM keyboards and keytars of the 80s. It recreates this sonic signature, however, in an easy to modify virtual […]
- Tracktion Unveils the Free Pro-level T7 DAW Tracktion has announced the release of T7, which offers up support across Mac, Windows and Linux platforms and untold functionality for a free DAW.
Unlimited audio and midi […]
- Albeton Unveil Live 10, Their Most Comprehensive Update Yet After almost five years between revisions, Ableton has announced Live 10. Due to arrive early next year, the update will bring in a massive suite of new features.
At first glance, we're […]
- Native Instruments Launch Enormous, Subscription-Based Sample Database Depending on your style, the act of hunting for samples might be your supreme happy place or a pit of despair. The sources to rip samples from are as numerous as the samples themselves, […]
- AudioThing Unveils the 80s Inspired miniVerb Plugin AudioThing's miniVerb is a new plugin dedicated to the lofi reverb sounds of vintage games consoles and retro computers of the 80s and 90s.
The miniVerb plugin from AudioThing […]