BitMidi has unleashed a monstrous stash of midi files that encompass chart-toppers, video games OSTs and Disney classics. So if you’re looking for your next cover project, or you’re just hanging for the sound of your favourite childhood video game, the search might be over.
With more than a hundred thousand midi files spanning a range of genres, BitMidi is the new go to for a nostalgia fix, or even a remix.
The site was initially curated from a zip file found on Reddit, but with a new front end with a search function and a clever Random Midi button for a lucky dip from the selection, the new library was born.
Check it out here.
- That’s No Coffee Machine, That’s My Delay: The Story of the Binson Echorec The Binson Echorec. It's an odd name. You mightn't have heard of it, but you've definitely heard it. Where exactly? Oh, jeez I dunno, have you ever listened to Pink Floyd before? Or how […]
- Sidechaining for iOS with Pumphouse by Audio Damage Developers Audio Damage have just released Pumphouse, a compressor app designed to maximise the utility of sidechaining for creative effects.
Need creative sidechaining for your […]
- The Kepler Orchestra is Packed with Pulsating Cinematic Textures Spitfire Audio has just released the Kepler Orchestra. It's a sample library that crams in close to 40GB of cutting edge cinematic sounds, focusing interlocking orchestral […]
- Strange Agency Unveils Soup – an Other Worldly Granular Sound App Genuinely striking in terms of sound and looks, Soup is a granular sound design app from the minds of Strange Agency. They claim it will let you literally paint with sound.
- How to Build Your Own ‘Hacked’ DIY IKEA Plate Reverb Here's a reason to go to IKEA that isn't the cheap meatballs. YouTuber Leomakes, has found a devious hack in IKEA's Bror range. The shelving unit can be converted into a plate reverb with […]
- EssenceFM is Kodamo’s Hardware Synth of the Future FM synthesis has made quite the comeback of late. After the insane popularity of the Yamaha DX7 wained, this distinct digital architecture dipped as well, giving way to the renaissance of […]