BitMidi has unleashed a monstrous stash of midi files that encompass chart-toppers, video games OSTs and Disney classics. So if you’re looking for your next cover project, or you’re just hanging for the sound of your favourite childhood video game, the search might be over.
With more than a hundred thousand midi files spanning a range of genres, BitMidi is the new go to for a nostalgia fix, or even a remix.
The site was initially curated from a zip file found on Reddit, but with a new front end with a search function and a clever Random Midi button for a lucky dip from the selection, the new library was born.
Check it out here.
- Music Production HQ has a Huge List of Free Sample Libraries The legends at Music Production HQ have assembled a massive list of free sample libraries. The extensive index covers kits, guitars, keys, orchestral instruments and more.
- Connect to your DAW or Stand Alone with the Akai MPK Mini Play Akai Pro has revealed the MPK Mini Play. Yes, it still has regular MIDI control capabilities, but it also stands alone with its own built in sounds.
With or without the […]
- Serato Studio is a DAW that Offers Up a DJ Friendly Workflow Serato has launched beta testing for Serato Studio. It's a new DAW that's aimed at DJs who want an environment to make beats and create original tracks, using skills they already […]
- Tracktion Unveils the Free Pro-level T7 DAW Tracktion has announced the release of T7, which offers up support across Mac, Windows and Linux platforms and untold functionality for a free DAW.
Unlimited audio and midi […]
- Native Instruments Launch Enormous, Subscription-Based Sample Database Depending on your style, the act of hunting for samples might be your supreme happy place or a pit of despair. The sources to rip samples from are as numerous as the samples themselves, […]
- Twisted Electrons Announce the hapiNES L Chiptune Synth Inspired by the RP2A07 sound chip, the hapiNES L dishes up a ton of chiptune nostalgia. Aside from the good vibes, it has four tracks for expansive real-time composing, connectivity and a […]