Last month, Behringer’s company founder, Uli Behringer announced the company will be cloning the iconic 1970’s Minimoog Model D.
Making the announcement via online gear forum, Gearslutz it has been confirmed that the prototype is up and running however MIDI software implementation will take one to two weeks.
Behringer’s budget Minimoog Model D clone now has a fully working prototype which they shared via online gear forum Gearslutz.
Fashioning a brand new design, the tech company’s system engineer “will go through a rigorous testing procedure and meticulously compare every stage the with Minimoog reference sample”.
The practice of synth cloning has recently received criticism from the widow of Doug Curtis, whose analog chip designs are being remade by one of Behringer’s companies to help achieve its cloning dreams.
However, as Behringer has argued, the patents for the Minimoog and Curtis chips have long since expired, making it entirely legal for anyone to replicate the technology inside.
If all goes to plan, Behringer plans to release the clone “within the next few months”.
- Behringer continue their push into the budget synth market with plans to release a Minimoog clone Last week budget gear company Behringer announced the DeepMind 12, a synth which they toted as the beginning of an affordable new synth line. Today they revealed the next part of that […]
- Behringer Launches a New Semi Modular Synth: Crave Behringer have been blowing minds across the world of late with their budget friendly clones of immortal synths and drum machines. The Crave semi-modular synth, however, is their latest […]
- Behringer Tease Plans to Build a $49 Synth The folks over at Behringer are looking to continue their domination of the budget gear market with plans to release a $49 synth, according to founder of the company, Uli […]
- Behringer Surprises the World with the K-2, a KORG MS-20 Clone Behringer have just announced the K-2 synth, a clone of the legendary KORG MS-20. Known for unveiling products well before their launch, this time around the news comes as a surprise, with […]
- Behringer Hamstrings The Price Of Their Minimoog Clone down to $299 The prophesied Minimoog clone from Behringer (new kings of the budget synth market, it seems) is now available to pre-order, with a chunky price drop from what was originally […]
- This World-Class Music College Is Offering a Synth Programming Course For Free If you're sick of wading through hours of YouTube tutorials trying to get your head around how to program soft synths, then this will be right up your alley. Berklee College of Music, via […]