Behringer are set to move their clone of the ARP Odyssey duophonic analog synth into production. Considering the stunning sonic results (and price tag) of their Model D tribute, maybe it’s time to get a little excited.
The ARP Odyssey was a revolutionary synth upon its release in 1972. Now Behringer is set to create its own affordable version for the mass market.
Here’s what Uli Behringer had to say about the development:
“We’re excited to announce that the Odyssey is now in pre-production. It’s all looking good and we’re confident to soon switch to full production.
“That’s one great sounding synth!”
Though concrete release dates and prices are yet to be finalised, it’s expected that the synth will come in at US $500.
- Behringer Surprises the World with the K-2, a KORG MS-20 Clone Behringer have just announced the K-2 synth, a clone of the legendary KORG MS-20. Known for unveiling products well before their launch, this time around the news comes as a surprise, with […]
- Novation Launches Aphex Twin Update for Bass Station II
To mark the auspicious date of April 14 (Avril 14th for Aphex Twin fans), Novation has released an update for its Bass Station II synth that was guided by the hand of the UK electronic […]
- Analogue Solutions Unveils the Impulse Command Synth The UK based Analogue Solutions has just revealed the Impulse Command synth. The feature packed device has an all analog signal path, using circuits based on iconic 1970s […]
- Learn How to Make a Trap Beat Using Only a KORG MS-20 The MS-20 surely ranks among the most highly prized analog monosynths. In a video from Once Upon a Synth, the vintage beast is given a thorough workout, providing all the sounds for a trap […]
- Behringer Share a Sneak Peek at their New Semi Modular Analog Synth: Neutron They're at it again. Behringer is dropping yet another new synth on the market. This time, however, it's not a clone of a previous classic. Instead, it's a new design called the […]
- Music Radar is Offering 275 Free Retro Drum Machine Samples Need some '80s drum loops to spice up that lo-fi electro track? Head right this way. The kind people over at Music Radar are offering a free download of over 275 retro drum machine […]