Just days after Yamaha asked fans if they’d like to see a recreation of the CS-80, Behringer have decided to muscle in on the action. The DS-80 is the working title for the Behringer’s design.
Behringer has revealed the DS-80 – their take on the Yamaha CS-80. They’ve focussed their clones on small units so far, so how will they go with one of the biggest polysynths ever?
In a recent facebook post, Behringer stated:
“Around a month ago we acquired an original and long extinct CS80 and ever since we’ve been working on coming up with our own DS80 version. Please bear in mind that this will be a design study only and we love to get your feedback before we decide how to move forward. We will be sharing our design in the next few days. Fasten your seatbelts.”
So, not exactly a rock solid plan for mass production of the DS-80 as yet. But as recent form would suggest, they have a way of getting these things done.
- Behringer Launches a New Semi Modular Synth: Crave Behringer have been blowing minds across the world of late with their budget friendly clones of immortal synths and drum machines. The Crave semi-modular synth, however, is their latest […]
- Behringer Share a Sneak Peek at their New Semi Modular Analog Synth: Neutron They're at it again. Behringer is dropping yet another new synth on the market. This time, however, it's not a clone of a previous classic. Instead, it's a new design called the […]
- Is Behringer About to Release the MS-101 in Homage to Roland? In a stunt that is true to form of late for Behringer, they've mysteriously left a photo on their facebook page of someone toting what looks to be a Roland SH-101 clone, labelled […]
- The Inaugural Melbourne Synth Festival Is Happening In November The very first Melbourne Synth Festival has been announced. Taking place at North Melbourne’s iconic Meat Market on November 23, 24 and 25, the festival will showcase a huge variety of […]
- Ivan Richards Pedals: Rich Blues and Rich Fuzz For the past few decades, Ivan Richards has been serving the audio community with high quality custom builds and mods, centred around pedals, guitar amps, switch boxes and power supplies. […]
- 3 Pieces of Handy Gear to Unlock a Better Audio Workflow It would be easy to wax lyrical about incredible vibe machines that populate the world’s favourite studios. Yet, the pieces that grease the wheel and keep a recording studio functional are […]