Just days after Yamaha asked fans if they’d like to see a recreation of the CS-80, Behringer have decided to muscle in on the action. The DS-80 is the working title for the Behringer’s design.
Behringer has revealed the DS-80 – their take on the Yamaha CS-80. They’ve focussed their clones on small units so far, so how will they go with one of the biggest polysynths ever?
In a recent facebook post, Behringer stated:
“Around a month ago we acquired an original and long extinct CS80 and ever since we’ve been working on coming up with our own DS80 version. Please bear in mind that this will be a design study only and we love to get your feedback before we decide how to move forward. We will be sharing our design in the next few days. Fasten your seatbelts.”
So, not exactly a rock solid plan for mass production of the DS-80 as yet. But as recent form would suggest, they have a way of getting these things done.
- Behringer Launches a New Semi Modular Synth: Crave Behringer have been blowing minds across the world of late with their budget friendly clones of immortal synths and drum machines. The Crave semi-modular synth, however, is their latest […]
- Behringer Share a Sneak Peek at their New Semi Modular Analog Synth: Neutron They're at it again. Behringer is dropping yet another new synth on the market. This time, however, it's not a clone of a previous classic. Instead, it's a new design called the […]
- Is Behringer About to Release the MS-101 in Homage to Roland? In a stunt that is true to form of late for Behringer, they've mysteriously left a photo on their facebook page of someone toting what looks to be a Roland SH-101 clone, labelled […]
- The Supro Delay is a Premium All Analog Echo Machine The Supro Delay is a new analog echo stompbox that uses new MN 3005 bucket brigade chips, providing everything from tight slapback to spacious echoes.
The Supro Delay is a new […]
- 8-bit Game Boy Sounds Galore: Super Audio Boy for Kontakt Is Now Free Yep, chiptune is pretty addictive, so why not get it for free? Impact Soundworks has generously offered Super Audio Boy - a Kontakt instrument that has faithfully sampled the original […]
- Peluso Launches the P-414 Large Diaphragm Condenser American mic specialists Peluso have welcomed the new year with by taking us back in time. The P-414 definitely wears its influence on its sleeve - paying faithful tribute to the 1976 AKG […]