As September 9 came close, everyone could predict at least one thing – that Behringer would do something special. The RD-909 is Behringer’s nod to Roland’s eternally tasteful groovebox, the TR-909.
Behringer has unveiled their tribute to one of the world’s most recognisable drum machines, the Roland TR-909. Behringer’s version is labelled the RD-909.
Details are thin on the ground at the moment, with the price point and release date yet to be announced. True to recent form, they just left a lazy pic on their social media and let speculation reign.
With their 808 clone set to come in at less than US $400, we can expect its new stablemate to fetch a similar price tag.
- Behringer Pro-1 to Become a Reality with a $299 Price Tag Back in March, Behringer revealed plans to develop a clone of the iconic Sequential Circuits Pro-One analog monosynth. Now they've announced that their version, the Pro-1 will go into […]
- Behringer Hamstrings The Price Of Their Minimoog Clone down to $299 The prophesied Minimoog clone from Behringer (new kings of the budget synth market, it seems) is now available to pre-order, with a chunky price drop from what was originally […]
- Here Are All The Classic Synth and Drum Machine Clones Behringer Revealed at Superbooth 2018 Berlin's Superbooth trade show has played host to a swag of new product announcements. Not to be outdone, Behringer have shown off an array of prototypes for classic synth and drum machine […]
- Is Behringer About to Release the MS-101 in Homage to Roland? In a stunt that is true to form of late for Behringer, they've mysteriously left a photo on their facebook page of someone toting what looks to be a Roland SH-101 clone, labelled […]
- Behringer Clarify Rumours Regarding Clones of Classic Synths & Drum Machines A few days ago, the global community of gear heads and music-makers lost their collective shit over rumours that Behringer were gearing up to release clones of a huge selection of classic […]
- First Audio Demos of Behringer’s RD-808 have Surfaced at Knobcon Behringer's clone of the Roland TR-808, the RD-808 has been creating a buzz ever since the first pictures of the prototype came to light last month. Thanks to a demo at Knobcon, we […]