The prophesied Minimoog clone from Behringer (new kings of the budget synth market, it seems) is now available to pre-order, with a chunky price drop from what was originally advertised.
How low can Behringer possibly go? Their model D Minimoog clone has hit the pre-order market at a surprisingly low $299. No complaints here.
The Behringer D has enjoyed a remarkably fast turnaround, it seemed like only yesterday that the budget synth was in prototype stages. Back then the advertised price was $399, so the $100 drop isn’t a small cut by any means.
It’s anyone’s guess as to why Behringer chose to hamstring their price so bluntly, but the common thread within the media seems to point to Roland’s recent announcement of the SE-02 Analogue Synthesiser as a major catalyst.
Whether Behringer are trying to undercut Roland or not, we can’t say we’re not psyched. This bad boy looks like a ton of fun… and cheap is good!
Via Fact Mag.
- Behringer continue their push into the budget synth market with plans to release a Minimoog clone Last week budget gear company Behringer announced the DeepMind 12, a synth which they toted as the beginning of an affordable new synth line. Today they revealed the next part of that […]
- Anasounds Element: Authentic Spring Reverb for the Modern Workflow Since the heady days of the '30s, instrument companies have flirted with spring reverb technology. The tanks first began appearing in Hammond organs and took root in the public […]
- Mobile Music-Making App, Blocs Wave for iOS Is Now Free To Download Mobile music making is easier and more intuitive than ever. At the vanguard of this movement is Blocs Wave for iOS, which is now available for free (though the “slicer” and “audio import” […]
- Acid Basslines, Filthy Guitars and Layering Analog and Digital Synths: Gear Talk With MEZKO After a string of excellent single releases over the past three years (which have mysteriously disappeared from the interwebs), Sydney electronic duo MEZKO have finally gifted us with […]
- RØDE Announce the NT-SF1 Surround Sound Microphone For All Your 360 Audio Needs RØDE have just announced the imminent release of the NT-SF1 surround sound microphone, which captures audio in a 360-degree field.
Meeting the need to capture ambisonic audio, […]
- Arca Creates the Bootup Music for Mega Sg Gaming Console Arca, the Venezuelan electronic artist and producer who's worked with Bjork, Frank Ocean and Kanye West among others, has created the startup music for Mega Sg gaming […]