The prophesied Minimoog clone from Behringer (new kings of the budget synth market, it seems) is now available to pre-order, with a chunky price drop from what was originally advertised.
How low can Behringer possibly go? Their model D Minimoog clone has hit the pre-order market at a surprisingly low $299. No complaints here.
The Behringer D has enjoyed a remarkably fast turnaround, it seemed like only yesterday that the budget synth was in prototype stages. Back then the advertised price was $399, so the $100 drop isn’t a small cut by any means.
It’s anyone’s guess as to why Behringer chose to hamstring their price so bluntly, but the common thread within the media seems to point to Roland’s recent announcement of the SE-02 Analogue Synthesiser as a major catalyst.
Whether Behringer are trying to undercut Roland or not, we can’t say we’re not psyched. This bad boy looks like a ton of fun… and cheap is good!
Via Fact Mag.
- Behringer continue their push into the budget synth market with plans to release a Minimoog clone Last week budget gear company Behringer announced the DeepMind 12, a synth which they toted as the beginning of an affordable new synth line. Today they revealed the next part of that […]
- Behringer Reveal the RD-909: Their Clone of Roland’s Iconic TR-909 As September 9 came close, everyone could predict at least one thing - that Behringer would do something special. The RD-909 is Behringer's nod to Roland's eternally tasteful groovebox, […]
- Behringer Tease Plans to Build a $49 Synth The folks over at Behringer are looking to continue their domination of the budget gear market with plans to release a $49 synth, according to founder of the company, Uli […]
- Build Your Own ARP 2600 Clone with the TTSH V4 Swedish DIY synthesists, The Human Comparator, have unveiled the TTSH (Two Thousand Six Hundred) V4 - a clone of the iconic ARP 2600. It's available for preorder now, with shipping to come […]
- Behringer Set to Move ARP Odyssey Clone into Production Behringer are set to move their clone of the ARP Odyssey duophonic analog synth into production. Considering the stunning sonic results (and price tag) of their Model D tribute, maybe it's […]
- Behringer Launches a New Semi Modular Synth: Crave Behringer have been blowing minds across the world of late with their budget friendly clones of immortal synths and drum machines. The Crave semi-modular synth, however, is their latest […]