Patch & Tweak is a new book from Kim Bjørn and Chris Meyer that explores the art of modular synthesis. It will be launched on Kickstarter on May 1.
Patch & Tweak promises to deliver a comprehensive introduction to synthesis, alongside interviews with true masters of the craft. Back it on Kickstarter soon.
Catering to novices and experienced users alike, the book features interviews with the likes of soundtrack legend Hans Zimmer and modular synth brands like Mutable Instruments and Make Noise – not to mention a foreword by influential modular pioneer, Suzanne Ciani.
It also offers a way to understand these labyrinthine structures in more detail, with history, analysis of different module types with diagrams and patching techniques.
The project launches on Kickstarter in May, so head on over to the Push Turn Move website for more details.
- Dreadbox Debuts Hades DIY Analog Monosynth The Hades analog monosynth from Dreadbox is a new Eurorack compatible module that you can build yourself.
The Hades from Dreadbox is a Eurorack module that offers up all that […]
- Meet The Guy Turning Nintendo Soundtracks Into Blissful Analog Synth Odysseys The soundtracks written by Nintendo's composers during the 90s and 00s are some of the most brilliant ever written for the video game medium, if not any medium, past and present.
- Vixen Mixer for Korg Volca Range Kickstarter Campaign KVgear has announced the Vixen Mixer to slot in among the Volca range of synths and drum machines.
The Vixen Mixer from KVgear is specifically designed to simplify the workflow […]
- Moog Unveils the Grandmother Semi-Modular Analog Synthesizer Moog is set to debut the Grandmother analog synth at Moogfest 2018. With a semi-modular design and keyboard, it's designed for instant performance, with scope to dive deep into custom […]
- IK Multimedia Releases Total Studio 2 MAX – the Ultimate Solution for Production, Mixing and Mastering IK Multimedia has just announced Total Studio 2 MAX, a multifarious solution for production, mixing and mastering.
Boasting 94 products and literally thousands of sounds, the Total […]
- Get Modular with Contour and Dynamix from Make Noise Boutique synth makers Make Noise have just released two new Eurorack modules, Dynamix and Contour.
Synth experts Make Noise have launched Contour and Dynamix, perfect companions […]