Patch & Tweak is a new book from Kim Bjørn and Chris Meyer that explores the art of modular synthesis. It will be launched on Kickstarter on May 1.
Patch & Tweak promises to deliver a comprehensive introduction to synthesis, alongside interviews with true masters of the craft. Back it on Kickstarter soon.
Catering to novices and experienced users alike, the book features interviews with the likes of soundtrack legend Hans Zimmer and modular synth brands like Mutable Instruments and Make Noise – not to mention a foreword by influential modular pioneer, Suzanne Ciani.
It also offers a way to understand these labyrinthine structures in more detail, with history, analysis of different module types with diagrams and patching techniques.
The project launches on Kickstarter in May, so head on over to the Push Turn Move website for more details.
- Dreadbox Debuts Hades DIY Analog Monosynth The Hades analog monosynth from Dreadbox is a new Eurorack compatible module that you can build yourself.
The Hades from Dreadbox is a Eurorack module that offers up all that […]
- SMEM is Planning a Studio to House the World’s Biggest Synth Collection The Swiss Museum & Center for Electronic Music Instruments - or SMEM for short - has launched a Kickstarter campaign that aims to make The Playroom a reality. They describe The […]
- Pinar Toprak’s Captain Marvel Soundtrack Unveiled Captain Marvel, the latest epic in the Marvel series features an equally expansive soundtrack from the mind of Pinar Toprak. The score features all the daring and emotional extremes that […]
- Meet The Guy Turning Nintendo Soundtracks Into Blissful Analog Synth Odysseys The soundtracks written by Nintendo's composers during the 90s and 00s are some of the most brilliant ever written for the video game medium, if not any medium, past and present.
- Moogfest is Happening this Weekend – Watch the Livestream Streaming live from the Moog headquarters in Durham, North Carolina, is Moogfest 2018. With a schedule packed with performances and conversations around all things innovative in sound, […]
- IK Multimedia Releases Total Studio 2 MAX – the Ultimate Solution for Production, Mixing and Mastering IK Multimedia has just announced Total Studio 2 MAX, a multifarious solution for production, mixing and mastering.
Boasting 94 products and literally thousands of sounds, the Total […]