Patch & Tweak is a new book from Kim Bjørn and Chris Meyer that explores the art of modular synthesis. It will be launched on Kickstarter on May 1.
Patch & Tweak promises to deliver a comprehensive introduction to synthesis, alongside interviews with true masters of the craft. Back it on Kickstarter soon.
Catering to novices and experienced users alike, the book features interviews with the likes of soundtrack legend Hans Zimmer and modular synth brands like Mutable Instruments and Make Noise – not to mention a foreword by influential modular pioneer, Suzanne Ciani.
It also offers a way to understand these labyrinthine structures in more detail, with history, analysis of different module types with diagrams and patching techniques.
The project launches on Kickstarter in May, so head on over to the Push Turn Move website for more details.
- Dreadbox Debuts Hades DIY Analog Monosynth The Hades analog monosynth from Dreadbox is a new Eurorack compatible module that you can build yourself.
The Hades from Dreadbox is a Eurorack module that offers up all that […]
- Billy Corgan Claims Paint Colour Changes the Sound of a Guitar Bald rocker and Smashing Pumpkins frontman Billy Corgan has made a strange claim in an interview with Guitar Centre - that the colour of a guitar's paint changes its sound. There's no […]
- The Man From The Mines: A Chat With Matt Bulluss from Saltmine Repairs The Saltmine is a sprawling guitar workshop perched above Oxford Street in Sydney, run by the magnetic Matt Bulluss, and shared with fellow gear artisans, Earthling Designs and Bondi […]
- Here are the 12 best MIDI keyboards to play in 2021 The MIDI keyboard is a versatile tool of music production, and increasingly, the central hub of the studio. Whether you're recording beats, performing keys parts, or doing sound design, […]
- Boutique Pedal Manufacture T-Rex Files For Bankruptcy UPDATE: T-Rex Engineering has released a statement outlining a restructure and positive plan for the companies future. Check out the statement below.
According to reports, Danish pedal […]
- Old Blood Noise Endeavors Launches the Whitecap Tremolo Boutique pedal masters, Old Blood Noise Endeavors are back with the Whitecap tremolo. It does away with a linear approach, instead encouraging you to create new textures with parallel […]