Pro Tools, the industry standard DAW for recording and audio post production has just graduated to the class of 2019. As with other recent updates, the focus is on evolution rather than revolution.
Pro Tools is the brand most often associated with recording in the modern era. Avid has just released a new version of the software, with the focus on incremental workflow improvements.
The new version boasts a doubling of the MIDI track count, up from 512 to 1024. It might sound like overkill, but with richly orchestrated pieces that need multiple articulations for each instrument, it might just come in handy.
A long time bugbear of many users has been the annoying clunks and dropouts when attempting to make adjustments in real time. Now you can switch plug ins, loop points and presets without massively disturbing playback.
Other timesaving features, like naming tracks within the New Track dialog will no doubt shave off a few seconds in the heat of a session.
For all the details, head over to the Avid website.
- Propellerhead Announce Name Change and Revolutionary Reason 11 Propellerhead has just made three massive announcements, including a Reason 11 DAW update, a plugin version of their Reason Rack, and a company name change to Reason Studios.
Reason 11 […]
- Reason 10 Set to Drop Next Month with New Synths and Samples Propellerhead have just announced the release of Reason 10 - the new version of their popular DAW.
To celebrate Reason 10, the popular DAW comes packed with two new synths, three new […]
- Creating Audio Loops for Video Games Looping is a vital part in the composition of music for video games. Why? Looping saves space. The concerns of real estate are especially paramount in mobile games, where disk space is […]
- Presonus Unveils Upgrade to their DAW – Studio One 4.5 Presonus has launched the latest incarnation of their DAW. Studio One has reached version 4.5 and boasts more than 70 new improvements, working from a robust, customer-curated […]
- FL Studio 20 Arrives with Mac Compatibility and More FL Studio 20 has hit the shelves. Boasting a swag of new features including time signature changes, track freezing, lifetime free updates and finally, support for Mac.
FL Studio […]
- Gestrument Launches the Gestrument Pro App for iOS Gestrument Pro is an app for iOS from the minds of contemporary-classical composer, Jesper Nordin and iOS developer, Jonatan Liljedahl. It's an enhanced version of their original app from […]