Austin-based speaker manufacturer Audioengine has unveiled the A1 Home Music system, made up of a set of super-compact, Bluetooth desktop speakers.
The A1 is a follow-up to Audioengine’s award-winning previous release, the A2+, which ‘The Absolute Sound’ awarded the editor’s choice award in 2019. Audioengine’s new release presents itself as ideal for the bedroom producer, due to it being both inexpensive and space-efficient.
Photo: Audioengine USA
The speakers feature a 2.75″ (69.85 mm) woofer, and a 0.75″ (19.05 mm) silk dome tweeter, all powered by a 60-watt, class D amp, which is housed in the left speaker. While the speaker’s limited range (66Hz to 22kHz) means that bass is quite limited, the A1 includes a variable LFE line output, allowing a subwoofer to be added.
The speakers are simple to connect, boasting both 3.5mm auxiliary and Bluetooth connective capabilities, making them perfect for use with laptops. Furthermore, each speaker is just under six cubic inches in size, ensuring that they don’t take up much desk space and are exceptionally portable.
The A1’s also support SBC, AAC, and AptX protocols, giving them the ability to play near CD audio quality via Bluetooth connection. While they may fall short when compared to studio-quality monitors, their small stature and low price make them ideal for both entry-level producers and those producing music on the go.
For more details, visit the Audioengine website.
- Monitors for the Masses: Mackie MR Series Loudspeakers Studio and live gear mainstays Mackie have announced the MR series of powered monitors.
Mackie's new range of monitors has something for everyone: from intimate nearfields to […]
- How To Record a Voice Over Demo We’ve touched the important reasons why you should record a voice reel, but the details on how you record is equally important. It’s not fair to expect the voiceover artist to across all […]
- Analog Monosynth Magic: Arturia Reveal The MiniBrute 2, Which Features a 48-point Patch Bay French company Arturia is extending its reach into hardware with the Minibrute 2 - the reincarnation of the analog monosynth that first hit the shelves in 2012.
Thumping bass […]
- Fender Announce Four New Signature Models For George Harrison, Jimi Hendrix, Ed O’Brien and Justin Meldal–Johnsen Fender have been very busy over the past week. Just a few days ago, ahead of the 2017 Summer NAMM Show in Nashville, they announced their brand new Brad Paisley Signature […]
- The Rick and Morty Pocket Operator is Coming Soon Teenage Engineering and the co-creator of Rick and Morty, Justin Roiland have teamed to create a limited edition Pocket Operator. Like the previously released PO-33 Speak, the PO-137 is a […]
- 8-bit Game Boy Sounds Galore: Super Audio Boy for Kontakt Is Now Free Yep, chiptune is pretty addictive, so why not get it for free? Impact Soundworks has generously offered Super Audio Boy - a Kontakt instrument that has faithfully sampled the original […]