Audio-Technica have added the AT5047 model to their range of 50 series condensers.
A studio all-rounder with true quality and innovative design: the AT5047 is the new flagship condenser from Audio-Technica.
The 5047 is a welcome addition to the 50 series, with the 5040 designed to specialise in capturing vocals and the 5045 dedicated to recording instruments. The 5047 is more versatile, with an enhanced dynamic range making it the perfect fit for a broad range of sound sources.
Like the 5040, the 5047 is based on a 4 rectangular diaphragm design, which covers a wider physical space than traditional 1-inch, circular designs. Another ingenious aspect of the 50 series is that they contain an internal shock mount that separates the capsule from the body of the mic, thereby reducing the potential for unwanted, extraneous sounds.
This commitment to clarity is also supported by the included AT8480: an elegantly engineered shock-mount to further preserve the fidelity of the captured sound.
The AT5047 is suitably housed in a hard-shell case and will retail in Australia $4499.
Find out more about the AT5047 here.
- Legendary New York Guitar Shop Carmine Street Guitars Is Getting Its Own Documentary This September at the Venice Film Festival, a new Ron Mann-directed documentary about the legendary New York City guitar store Carmine Street Guitars will be premiered.
Simply titled […]
- From Smooth to Savage: the Story of the Coles 4038 Like other studio classics we've come to know and love, the Coles 4038 was born out of practicality. Commissioned by the BBC for broadcasting purposes in the 1950s, the microphone was […]
- Meet Midihub: the Next-Gen MIDI Processor and Router Bursting out from the pile of amazing crowdfunded music tech projects is Midihub by Blokas. The new standalone MIDI solution enables you to process MIDI messages in myriad useful and […]
- Moog Are Discontinuing Their Model D Reissue Due To Massive Demand Moog have announced they will be discontinuing the reissue of their classic Minimoog Model D synth, just over a year after it was first introduced.
Moog have announced they are […]
- Engineering the Sound: Jack White’s ‘Blunderbuss’ “Technology is a big destroyer of truth and emotion” - Jack White, It Might Get Loud, 2008
From the raucous blues-rock swagger of The White Stripes to his endeavours with The Saboteurs […]
- IK Multimedia Releases Total Studio 2 MAX – the Ultimate Solution for Production, Mixing and Mastering IK Multimedia has just announced Total Studio 2 MAX, a multifarious solution for production, mixing and mastering.
Boasting 94 products and literally thousands of sounds, the Total […]