Audient and Two Notes Audio Engineering have collaborated to deliver the Sono audio interface. It combines two high quality mic pres and a host of options, specifically aimed at guitarists.
Audient have teamed up with Two Notes to deliver Sono – an audio interface with a difference. Yes, it has two high quality mic pres, but it’s definitely designed with the guitarist in mind.
Most interfaces these days are equipped with a high impedance input for guitar signals, with little to no options for shaping tone.
The Sono, on the other hand, possesses a 12AX7 valve preamp and 3 band EQ that gives the player a hands on method for gaining warmth and shaping the guitar tone before it hits your DAW.
The onboard DSP allows for myriad amp and cabinet simulation options, all with next to no latency.
The interface can track a clean DI signal at the same time as the “treated” signal, so it can be reamped later via the amp output.
Interestingly, for non-guitar recordings, you can route the mic level signal through the valve preamp, as well as the amp and cabinet simulations.
For more info, visit the Audient website.
- Friedman Reveals the Mic-No-Mo Amp Cabinet Simulator Well, I guess it's all in the title. The Mic-No-Mo from Friedman Amplification is an all analog guitar cab simulator. It sits in between amp and cab, doing all the miking for […]
- Gibson Unveils New Alpine White BB King ‘Lucille’ Signature ES-355 In a collaboration with the King family trust, Gibson has announced a limited edition Alpine white 'Lucille' ES-335. In revealing the new guitar Gibson named the late B.B. King a 'legacy […]
- IK Multimedia Announces Syntronik, Featuring The Sounds Of 38 Vintage Synthesisers IK Multimedia have just announced a new software synthesiser that features classic 17 instruments with over 2,000 preset sounds. Syntronik combines samples from 38 vintage synths with a […]
- This Is Not Rocket Science Reveals the Wobbler LFO Module The Wobbler, from Dutch synth masters This Is Not Rocket Science is an advanced LFO module. According to the company, it's "a modulation source that adds controlled chaos to your […]
- Thieves or Master Appropriators? The Ibanez ‘lawsuit’ Bass The Japanese guitar manufacturer, Ibanez, is well known and highly regarded for producing instruments that are at home in a multitude of genres. Jazz greats like George Benson and John […]
- Moog Have Slyly Been Posting Exceptional Tutorials for the Mother-32 Last year Moog released the Mother-32, an analogue synthesiser marketed as a semi-modular beast which packed a punch for its size.
Garnering unanimously great reviews in the wake of its […]