Audient and Two Notes Audio Engineering have collaborated to deliver the Sono audio interface. It combines two high quality mic pres and a host of options, specifically aimed at guitarists.
Audient have teamed up with Two Notes to deliver Sono – an audio interface with a difference. Yes, it has two high quality mic pres, but it’s definitely designed with the guitarist in mind.
Most interfaces these days are equipped with a high impedance input for guitar signals, with little to no options for shaping tone.
The Sono, on the other hand, possesses a 12AX7 valve preamp and 3 band EQ that gives the player a hands on method for gaining warmth and shaping the guitar tone before it hits your DAW.
The onboard DSP allows for myriad amp and cabinet simulation options, all with next to no latency.
The interface can track a clean DI signal at the same time as the “treated” signal, so it can be reamped later via the amp output.
Interestingly, for non-guitar recordings, you can route the mic level signal through the valve preamp, as well as the amp and cabinet simulations.
For more info, visit the Audient website.
- Friedman Reveals the Mic-No-Mo Amp Cabinet Simulator Well, I guess it's all in the title. The Mic-No-Mo from Friedman Amplification is an all analog guitar cab simulator. It sits in between amp and cab, doing all the miking for […]
- Roland Adds the Legendary TB-303 to Their Cloud Suite Happy 303 day! To celebrate, Roland have welcomed the icon of acid to their growing family of software instruments, the TB-303.
March 3 (303 day) seems as apt a time as any to […]
- First Audio Demos of Behringer’s RD-808 have Surfaced at Knobcon Behringer's clone of the Roland TR-808, the RD-808 has been creating a buzz ever since the first pictures of the prototype came to light last month. Thanks to a demo at Knobcon, we […]
- Ring Modulation: A Brief History of The Original Space Age Sound There have been numerous examples in the history of recorded sound where an audio phenomenon has gone on to change the way in which music is created and heard. From pushing guitar amps […]
- Dave Smith Instruments Release the Prophet Rev2 Desktop Module, Fit With New Surprises Dave Smith Instruments have officially released their Prophet Rev2 Desktop Module, a new 16-voice analogue synthesiser.
As proud owners of the keyboard version, this is a pretty damn […]
- Stevie Nicks, Kimbra and More Donate to Girls Rock Reverb Gives Auction A host of artists, including Joan Jett, Tash Sultana, Cat Power, Billie Eilish and dozens more are donating a range of products to support the Girls Rock Reverb Gives auction. The proceeds […]