To celebrate their 50th birthday, API have announced reissues over their highly prized 312 preamp and 550A EQ. They’re 500 series models with a limited edition gold faceplate.
It’s the 50th birthday for those icons of signal processing, API. To celebrate, they’re releasing goldface limited editions of the 312 preamp and 550A EQ.
The 312 pre was at the core of legendary API consoles of the 1970s. The new edition features an exact reproduction of the Saul Walker’s original printed circuit board. It has a proprietary AP2516 input transformer, with hand wired gain pot and switches.
The 550A EQ is an authentic reproduction of the 1971 model. This classic EQ features three bands, with five selectable centre frequencies on each.
Proportional “Q” is on hand for precise boosting and cutting at extreme volumes, with the upper and lower bands available for peaking or shelving purposes.
The 312 pre is available in a limited run of 150, while only 50 of the 550A EQ will be released.
Find out more at API.
- Heritage Audio Announces the HA-73 EQX2 Elite Preamp and EQ Heritage Audio has just released the HA-73 EQX2 dual channel preamp and EQ. Their mission is to revitalise the "Golden Age" of recording, therefore, they're paying tribute to the immortal […]
- The Humble Hero of the Studio – the Pultec EQP-1 Some pieces of studio gear show off the bling commensurate with their price tag. Think big consoles, shiny, large diaphragm condensers, synthesizers with way too many knobs and faders. The […]
- Manley Launches Limited Edition 30th Anniversary Dual Mic Preamp For the past few decades, Manley have forged a reputation for producing elite studio hardware. To celebreate their 30th birthday, the Californian manufacturer have announced a new all-tube […]
- Waves Celebrates its 25th Birthday with Three classic Plugin Reissues Plugin veterans Waves is now 25 years old (hard to believe right?). To commemorate this milestone, they are putting out reissues of three of their most popular audio tools - AudioTrack […]
- The Need 31102 Plugin Dishes Up Iconic Neve Console Tone In DAW based production, it's rare that we get a chance to get a feel for an analog channel strip. With the Need 31102 console EQ plugin from Noise Ash though, the heart of the Neve 8068 […]
- SSL Launches the Fusion Analog Mix Bus Processor SSL have launched a product that aims to bring decades of analog pedigree to DAW based productions. Fusion is a 2U rackmount device which hosts five stages of analog […]