To celebrate their 50th birthday, API have announced reissues over their highly prized 312 preamp and 550A EQ. They’re 500 series models with a limited edition gold faceplate.
It’s the 50th birthday for those icons of signal processing, API. To celebrate, they’re releasing goldface limited editions of the 312 preamp and 550A EQ.
The 312 pre was at the core of legendary API consoles of the 1970s. The new edition features an exact reproduction of the Saul Walker’s original printed circuit board. It has a proprietary AP2516 input transformer, with hand wired gain pot and switches.
The 550A EQ is an authentic reproduction of the 1971 model. This classic EQ features three bands, with five selectable centre frequencies on each.
Proportional “Q” is on hand for precise boosting and cutting at extreme volumes, with the upper and lower bands available for peaking or shelving purposes.
The 312 pre is available in a limited run of 150, while only 50 of the 550A EQ will be released.
Find out more at API.
- The Undisputed Champ of the Preamp: the Neve 1073 For the average civilian, the quality of mic preamps is probably not a concern. Even for most musicians who are au fait with the studio, they’re hardly the sexiest component of the signal […]
- The Humble Hero of the Studio – the Pultec EQP-1 Some pieces of studio gear show off the bling commensurate with their price tag. Think big consoles, shiny, large diaphragm condensers, synthesizers with way too many knobs and faders. The […]
- Heritage Audio Announces the HA-73 EQX2 Elite Preamp and EQ Heritage Audio has just released the HA-73 EQX2 dual channel preamp and EQ. Their mission is to revitalise the "Golden Age" of recording, therefore, they're paying tribute to the immortal […]
- Is the Yamaha CS-80 Synth About to Get a New Life?
The Yamaha CS-80 has achieved near mythical status among synth enthusiasts. It was made famous by early synth pioneers like Jean-Michel Jarre and Vangelis (who immortalised its tones on […]
- Watch a Video Demonstration of Wavetable, the New Synth Shipping with Ableton Live 10 Last week Ableton broke the news about Live 10, their comprehensive new update which is due to land in 2017. The feature list was seemingly endless, but aside from native Max For Live […]
- Did the MacBook Pro Get Even More Pro? Apple's MacBook Pro has long been a go to for music producers in the studio and on the go. Now the tech monolith has debuted the latest range with first ever eight core version of the […]