A mysterious photo has emerged from the offices of Behringer. If it’s true to form, a Roland Jupiter 8 clone could be on the agenda for Behringer’s engineers.
Another surprise from the Behringer labs? It looks like clone of the Roland Jupiter 8 polysynth could be in the works!
Behringer are creating a reputation for themselves as breathing life back into the analog synth classics of the past. On this occasion, it looks like they may be turning their attention to the beastliest of all polysynths: the Roland Jupiter 8.
Also keeping a character with recent gifts to the music community, Behringer have been less than upfront with any concrete plans, only captioning the Facebook photo with a single, cryptic line: “Christmas came early for our German Tribers“.
So are they, or aren’t they? Only time will tell. But if so, we can only imagine that it will be more financially attainable than the original analog monster, which can fetch prices in the tens of thousands.
Stay in the loop with any potential developments at Behringer.
- See TONTO – the World’s Biggest Polysynth – in Canada The National Music Centre in Calgary, Canada, will play host to TONTO. It's the largest polysynth on the planet and it will be on display at the centre this November.
Keen to […]
- Emulating the Synth Sounds of Blade Runner on a microKORG The Blade Runner soundtrack, composed by Vangelis, looms large in the canon 80s analog synthesis. Youtuber StrangeQuarkStar has recreated an especially memorable melodic brass patch on the […]
- Is Behringer About to Release the MS-101 in Homage to Roland? In a stunt that is true to form of late for Behringer, they've mysteriously left a photo on their facebook page of someone toting what looks to be a Roland SH-101 clone, labelled […]
- Behringer Reveals its Latest Clone of a Classic: This Time They’ve Taken on the Sequential Circuits Pro-One Originally from the same era as other archetypal analog monosynths, like the Roland SH-101, the Sequential Circuits Pro-One laid claim to many heavy basslines of the 80s. Behringer have […]
- Check Out a Full List of the Gear Daft Punk Used to Record Homework Despite quickly shooting to world fame in the late '90s after releasing their iconic debut album Homework, Daft Punk have spent their careers shrouded in mystery. Of course their […]
- Behringer Clarify Rumours Regarding Clones of Classic Synths & Drum Machines A few days ago, the global community of gear heads and music-makers lost their collective shit over rumours that Behringer were gearing up to release clones of a huge selection of classic […]