Finnish pedal masters Darkglass Electronics have just released the Alpha Omicron – the little brother of the Alpha Omega, which was developed with help from Jon Stockman of Karnivool fame.
Distortion with bite and character: the Alpha Omicron by Darkglass Electronics brings real cut-through to the bottom-end.
The stompbox features what you’d expect in in terms of control – a blend knob for varying wet and dry signals and a drive control for the amount of dirtiness you want to inject into the tone. The mod, bite and growl is where it gets interesting though.
The mod switch allows you to select the “Alpha” circuit, which is tight and punchy, the “Omicron” path delivers the raw brutality. Bite adds an EQ boost at 2.8k, to provide that much needed cut-through for the bass. The growl switch adds a low shelf boost to maintain the power at the bottom-end of the spectrum.
For more info, including on how to purchase, check out Darkglass Electronics.
- Got a Korg Volca Beats Lying Around? Try This Simple Hack… The Korg Volca Beats was released about 5 years ago, and ever since it has been well loved all around for its analogue beat making abilities. But there's just one thing about it, a lot of […]
- NuDrum is an Online Polyrhythmic, Polymetric Drum Machine NuDrum, from developer Nicola Bombaci, is an online drum machine, with sounds not unlike many others. What sets it apart however, is that it gives you the ability to create organised chaos […]
- Engineering the Sound: MGMT’s ‘Oracular Spectacular’ In 2002, freshmen Ben Goldwasser and Andrew Vanwyngarden met at a university in Connecticut and formed what we now know to be MGMT, driven by no other ambition than “hanging out” and […]
- Polyverse Unveil Wider – A Free Plugin for Huge Sounding Stereo Wider is a stereo width creating plugin from Polyverse. It makes creating psuedo-stereo effects ridiculously easy, and best of all, it's free.
Could this be the perfect tool for […]
- Sculpt Your Bass Tone with the Darkglass Microtubes X Ultra Creating a good distorted bass tone has always presented a serious challenge for audio engineers and bassists alike. That is until the release of Darkglass electronics Microtubes X Ultra […]
- Roland Reveal The D-05, Boutique Reissue Of Their Iconic D-50 Synthesiser Yep, Roland have hit another home run. The most recent release within their Boutique series has been revealed, and it's officially a D-50 rework named the D-05.
Honestly, I'm seconds […]