Akai Professional have just released version 2.0 of their MPC software which can be used as a DAW or a plugin.
Akai Professional’s MPC software has just reached version 2.0. It brings regular DAW features to the table, as well as tight integration with MPC hardware.
The new software is understandably skewed toward beatmaking, featuring real-time time-stretch, pitch-shifting and Ableton link support.
As such, the software is compatible with a host of Akai hardware units and controllers such as the MPC X, Live and Touch.
It also, however, adds functionality that pushes it into standalone DAW territory, such as audio track recording, advanced signal routing capability, effects returns and multi-output capability.
As well as the new MPC 2.0 software, Akai are also releasing the Vault 2.0, which will feature over 10GB of samples and instruments from the world’s leading sample libraries.
Visit Akai Professional for more details.
- Presonus Unveils Upgrade to their DAW – Studio One 4.5 Presonus has launched the latest incarnation of their DAW. Studio One has reached version 4.5 and boasts more than 70 new improvements, working from a robust, customer-curated […]
- Reason 10 Set to Drop Next Month with New Synths and Samples Propellerhead have just announced the release of Reason 10 - the new version of their popular DAW.
To celebrate Reason 10, the popular DAW comes packed with two new synths, three new […]
- The Stories Behind Eight Famous Stratocasters The Strat. It compliments rock like hot gravy on mash. Released in 1954, it was Leo Fender's second guitar in the Fender stable. Don Randal, Fender's marketing guru named the sharp new axe […]
- Laying It All Bare: Talking The Magic of the Live Album with Spike Vincent In a landscape defined by bedroom production, laptop recordings and infinite overdubs and Sydney's Spike Vincent has done the unthinkable: recorded a live album. Captured in one take in […]
- 6 DAWless YouTubers Everyone Should Follow Yes, we all know how great DAWs are. They've ushered in a whole new generation of artists, engineers, mixers and more into the music world - making the production easier by orders of […]
- The Double Life of a Boutique Pedal Maker: A Chat with JC from Anarchy Audio Anarchy Audio is pumping some seriously good sounds out of Perth. The boutique pedal company is a small operation, hand constructing and assembling some excellent effects aimed at […]