After their release of the Deckard’s Voice Eurorack module not two weeks ago, Black Corporation has now blessed us with its partner, Rachael. Deckard’s Voice was based upon timeless sci-fi movie Blade Runner and the Yamaha CS-80 used to record its soundtrack.
In true Blade Runner fashion, Black Corporation’s latest module reunites protagonist Deckard with his love Rachael, a new multi-function companion module.
Rachael is the new companion module for Deckard’s Voice. A potent pairing of Blade Runner inspired Eurorack synth modules.
Rachael comes designed with same sleek grey faceplate as Deckard’s Voice, at about half the size. It’s a ring modulator with its own reference oscillator and envelope generator, it also works as an independent ADSR, LFO, or VCO extending the possibilities of Deckard’s Voice or any other modular system. The oscillator can be fixed to be a square wave or a glitched sawtooth which is changeable using the switch on the back.
With the release of Rachael, Black Corporation has also announced that the Deckard’s Voice module is now available for pre-order. The revealed list of specs includes a dedicated LFO for PWM and VCO with pulse, glitch saw and sine outputs. Black Corporation Deckard’s Voice & Rachael will be available this November.
For more info look here.
- Erica Synths Releases Sample Drum and Plasma Drive Modules Erica Synths have been in stellar form lately when it comes to Eurorack modules. Now the Latvians are back with two new devices: the Sample Drum and Plasma Drive.
Erica Synths […]
- Meet the Creative and Colourful Klang Polyphonic Contoller The world of Eurorack modular synthesis continues to throw up beautiful surprises. Another such delight is from the minds of Norway's Elektrofon. Their Klang module stores, traverses and […]
- Jam to Blade Runner Blues With Synthcloud’s ‘The Iconic Sounds of Vangelis’ Been meaning to finish that theatrical-soundscape side project? Well, this could be just the thing. Synthcloud has released a new library of timbres, The Iconic Sounds of Vangelis, made […]
- Meet Xerxes – Black Corporation’s Polyphonic Powerhouse Making its debut at this year's NAMM show, Xerxes by Black Corporation is an 8 voice, polyphonic synthesizer. Inspired by the Elka Synthex from the early 1980s, its design and vast sonic […]
- Emulating the Synth Sounds of Blade Runner on a microKORG The Blade Runner soundtrack, composed by Vangelis, looms large in the canon 80s analog synthesis. Youtuber StrangeQuarkStar has recreated an especially memorable melodic brass patch on the […]
- From Blade Runner to Africa – it’s Time to Celebrate the Yamaha CS-80 The ‘70s saw incredible leaps forward in music tech, many in the realm of electronic instruments. The record industry had reached a new level of maturity in its evolution and the […]