With Apple’s update of Garageband for iOS, a host of new features have been introduced, including a batch of new sounds and an easy to use step sequencer, reports CDM.
The new Garageband for iOS offers a host of new features, including a step sequencer, making it easier than ever to be creative on the fly.
The new sound packs cover a broad range of aesthetic preferences, from synthy basses (Edges and Angles), drum kits (Beat Sequencer Kits), and Oriental sounds (Japanese and Chinese Traditional). Best of all, you can dive into this array of sounds one at a time, with separate downloads to save space on your device.
Those familiar with grid based step sequencers will welcome the introduction of Beat Sequencer. It allows users to save patterns, audition sounds without stopping the sequence and step edit for altering velocity and note repeat for example.
Logic users will already enjoy the close relationship between the two DAWs, but now the friendship is further enhanced with the ability to now open Garageband projects directly in Logic.
Garageband is available for free on the app store.
- Northern Boarders is a Retro Sample Engine Inspired By Boards of Canada Northern Borders is a new plugin by Sample Science that uses a wide array of organic and analogue samples to create sounds inspired by Scottish electronic duo Boards of […]
- Fender Launches the Hybrid American Acoustasonic Series Telecaster Although it might look like it, Fender hasn't just gone and scooped out a Tele with a spoon. This is the new American Acoustasonic Series Telecaster, it isn't a semi-hollow, nor is it a […]
- The Standing Grand – A Lightweight, Portable Grand Piano From British pianist and inventor, Sarah Nicolls comes The Standing Grand - an exciting new vision for the future of the grand old instrument.
As a contemporary pianist, Sarah often […]
- Reeling in the Beastly Kick Drum with Different Miking Techniques The bass drum on a standard kit presents a unique miking challenge. The envelope of the sound is complex: a hard attack and depending on your drum, a long or short decay time. The […]
- Russell Crowe is Set to Say Goodbye to a Swag of Rare Guitars Movie star and guitar aficionado, Russell Crowe, is about to put a range of rare vintage guitars under the hammer. If you're in Sydney and have decidedly deep pockets, you could get […]
- The Tritone: The Devil in Music or Just an Ugly Duckling? That jarring two note intro to Purple Haze, the unholy riff in Black Sabbath's Black Sabbath, the opening to the Simpsons' Halloween Specials. What do these songs have in common? They're […]