The SL-1200MK2 turntable from Technics left an indelible footprint on the history of modern music. It spawned entire genres and was instrumental in the development of production techniques like sampling. The new version, entitled SL-1200MK7, builds on a tradition that dates back to 1972.
A classic returns: few pieces of audio gear have been as historically important as the Technics SL-1200 turntable. The legend continues with the announcement of the SL-1200MK7.
Key to the innovation in the new version is the coreless direct drive motor, avoiding cogging and rotation irregularity. Reverse play function expands the possibilities for DJs too, making the platter rotate in the reverse direction when the speed selector and start/stop buttons are pressed at the same time.
Head over to the Technics website for more information.
Read out article to catch up on the history of the SL-1200.
- Wheels of Steel: The Story of the Technics SL-1200 It’s not often that audio equipment (that isn’t a musical instrument or amplifier) becomes an arbiter for an entire cultural movement or musical genre; like how for example the Fairlight […]
- Audio-Technica Reveals Seven New Turntables at CES Audio-Technica have unveiled seven new turntables across three different lines at the massive CES trade show in Las Vegas. The three series include products for DJs, hi-fi fans and entry […]
- UK Sound Launches the 276 Dual-Channel Compressor UK Sound, a subsidiary of BAE, has launched the 276 dual-channel mono compressor. If you haven't guessed by the name, it's inspired by one of the giants of the art.
The 276 […]
- Slamming Sidechain Pumping is on Tap with the Duck Plugin Devious Machines have launched their latest plugin, simply titled, Duck. It does exactly the thing you would expect, creating dance floor-ready pumping effects.
Sidechain compression […]
- Look Mum No Computer Shows Off His Touring Rig It's never great damaging an instrument while on tour, but it kind of depends on what it is. I guess with a guitar it's not too much of a big deal, I mean some artists even make an art out […]
- BOSS Launches Four Next Generation Effects Pedals Over decades of craft and innovation, the name BOSS has become synonymous with the term "stompbox." They have a legacy like no other when it comes to historic pedals, but with their new […]