Yep, chiptune is pretty addictive, so why not get it for free? Impact Soundworks has generously offered Super Audio Boy – a Kontakt instrument that has faithfully sampled the original Nintendo Game Boy – for free.
Access all the 8-Bit Nintendo Game Boy samples you could ever need for free with the Super Audio Boy for Kontakt.
The hardware’s key waveforms were multi-sampled, which means it can be presented to the user in a easy play and tweak format. With more than fifty presets, along with extra PCM drum samples and waveforms, there’s plenty of territory to cover in the realm of chiptune nostalgia.
It’s more in depth than you might think, with four independent layers with individual parameter controls, five effects racks and perhaps most useful, an arpeggiator and sequencer. Just in case it seems too good to be true, you must own the full version of the Kontakt Player from Native Instruments to get full functionality.
Check out the Super Audio Boy here.
Listen to some demos below.
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/319881679″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”450″ iframe=”true” /]
- Native Instruments Launch Enormous, Subscription-Based Sample Database Depending on your style, the act of hunting for samples might be your supreme happy place or a pit of despair. The sources to rip samples from are as numerous as the samples themselves, […]
- Byte Riot: Classic 8-Bit Sounds from Native Instruments Native Instruments have just released Byte Riot, an expansion of their Maschine hardware, giving users access to a library of chiptune and 8-bit sounds.
Hungry to inject some […]
- Native Instruments has Launched the Kontakt 6 Sampler The latest generation of Native Instruments' flagship sampler has arrived. Kontakt 6 showcases an expanded onboard library while evolving as a host for premium third party virtual […]
- Harness The Crackly, Warbly Goodness of a Worn-Out VHS Tape With This Free Plug-In There are a plethora of plug-in options out there for tapping into the saturated, warbly goodness of a reel-to-reel tape machine, or even a shitty cassette recorder. But if you're after […]
- Spitfire Audio’s Vast LABS Library of Sounds Is Now Available For Free Spitfire Audio's LABS library of sounds and samples is a goldmine for producers and composers, partly because it's extremely vast, and partly because it's extremely cheap - actually, until […]
- The Roland CR-78 is Reborn as the Compu78 Plugin Before Roland released the TR-808 and changed the game forever, the CR-78 was one of the go-to boxes in the primordial era of rhythm machines. Now developer, Forgotten Keys has released […]