Thousands of dollars? Millions? It’s anyone’s guess as to how much this original Roland TR-909 will go for, given that it was the very machine operated by Thomas Bangalter of Daft Punk.
The sale was announced on Facebook last week, along with the caption “needless to say, it’s a collector’s item, so it’s impossible to set a price. We will sell it to the highest bidder.”
How much would you shell out for Thomas Bangalter’s original TR-909? We’re betting this one will hit six figures.
Daft Punk’s tune Revolution 909 off their 1997 debut album Homework was instrumental in the drum machine’s worldwide popularity. Almost completely composed from 909 beats, it remains one of the greatest gear demos the world has ever heard.
Bangalter’s TR-909 comes loaded with the original presets set for the song. Hear the demo in this video.
Via Fact Mag.
- The Masterful Musical Thievery of Daft Punk Sampling in music has always had a bad rap. From plagiarism claims to mistaken original sources, there are a plethora of things that can and probably will go wrong when using someone […]
- Roland Reveal The D-05, Boutique Reissue Of Their Iconic D-50 Synthesiser Yep, Roland have hit another home run. The most recent release within their Boutique series has been revealed, and it's officially a D-50 rework named the D-05.
Honestly, I'm seconds […]
- The Inspiring Limitations of the Korg Volca Beats There’s a certain sweet spot with gear that represents the ideal convergence of usable options, and ease of playability. Too often in software, the gear is skewed towards presenting the […]
- Roland Add a TR-808 and SH-101 Models to their Boutique Range One of the worst kept secrets has been confirmed, Roland have revealed a new TR-808 and SH-101 to compliment their range of Boutique synth and drum machine emulations.
Hot on […]
- Try Out The Ultra-Rare Triadex Muse Synthesiser From The Comfort Of Your Web Browser A synthesiser designed as a compositional aide by MIT professors Marvin Minsky and Edward Fredkin around 1970 , the Triadex Muse is considered by many to be one of the first digital […]
- That’s FM All Right: Watch A Demo Video Of The Rare And Magnificent Yamaha DX5 In Action We've stumbled across a demo video of the very rare Yamaha DX5, a machine which sits somewhere between the more famous DX1 and DX7 synths.
And we've got to say, it sounds fat. The DX5 […]