The NFM synth for iPad is the latest creation from Sydney based developer Nikolozi Meladze.
The NFM synth brings the unique qualities of FM synthesis to your iPad in an intuitive and slick user interface.
The FM synth is a particular flavour indeed. Frequency Modulation (FM for short) synths gained prominence in the 1980’s with the Yamaha DX7, with its digital precision making it the go to for piercing leads, ethereal pads and bass lines that have real cut through.
NFM can be used as an audio unit extension inside iOS sequencers like Cubasis, Auria Pro and Garageband to mention a few.
Synths like the DX7 were notoriously difficult to program (people are actually creating ways to make it easier), but the NFM’s interface gives the user easy access to the envelope parameters, pitch envelopes and built in effects distortion, delay and flanger.
The ease of use shouldn’t detract from the synth’s depth however, and FM enthusiasts will be buoyed by the ability to fully customise FM algorithms, which is central to capturing the FM synth character.
The NFM is available now through the app store.
- Beats, Synths and Syncing: Six Tablet Tools For Hip-Hop Production With technology perpetually advancing at breakneck speed, it has never been easier (or cheaper) to get into music production. MIDI keyboards average at $150, drum machines go for as low as […]
- PPG Infinite: A New Touch Morphing Synth App for iPad Wolfgang Palm has just teased plans for his new creation, the PPG Infinite touch synth.
The PPG Infinite combines a sleek user interface with wave shaping and morphing […]
- The Behringer Model D Synth Flexes its Muscles in a Synth Pop Track Some folks are already making good use of the new Behringer Model D synth.
The Behringer Model D Synth gets a good workout from Mr Firechild. It's deep kick, tight and funky bass and […]
- Korg Releases the iMono/Poly Synth for iOS Korg have announced the iOS remake of their innovative Mono/Poly synth: the iMono/Poly.
The iMono/Poly is a new synth from Korg that combines the best of monophonic leads and […]
- Obelisk by Frozen Plains Creates Harmonies for MIDI Productions Audio software developers Obelisk have created Frozen Plains, a harmonising VST plugin.
Need help creating harmonies? Obelisk by Frozen Plains have delivered a musically […]
- The Fairlight CMI: An Orchestra in a Box that Rewrote Electronic Music In the late 1970s, right here in Sydney, there was an auditory revolution that was being developed by two men, Peter Vogel and Kim Ryrie, that would eventually help to encompass the sound […]