Yep, Roland have hit another home run. The most recent release within their Boutique series has been revealed, and it’s officially a D-50 rework named the D-05.
Honestly, I’m seconds away from buying the whole range. It’ll bankrupt me three times over, sure… but when has that stopped me before?
Roland have unveiled the latest synthesiser within their Boutique series, a D-50 rework dubbed the D-05.
Roland’s Boutique series has seen the company reissuing their most popular historic gear as compact rack modules. So far we’ve seen the TR-909, TR-808, and SH-101 get a rejig, to name a few.
Taken from Roland’s website, here’s a full list of specs:
- Perfect sonic recreation of the D-50 from the makers of the original
- Digital Circuit Behavior (DCB) faithfully captures every detail
- Authentic user interface including joystick control
- All the original presets plus fresh new sounds
- Compatible with original D-50 patches
- 64-step, polyphonic onboard sequencer and arpeggiator
- Rugged construction with metal front panel
- Highly portable for mobile music making
- Battery operated (4 x AA) or USB powered
- Built-in powered mini-speaker for instant enjoyment
- Compatible with optional Roland Boutique accessories