The idiosyncratic D-70 synth has been released by Roland in a software format.
The 64 patch beast is sample from the original released in 1990 and is available on Roland’s subscription-based cloud service.
Roland are offering their D-70 synth VST/AU plug-in via their Roland Cloud subscription service.
The D-70 was one of the first synths to combine sample playback, digital synthesis and on-board effects and was the next in line from the D-50, which is also available on the Roland cloud service.
These and others – like the Jupiter 8, SH 101 and the Juno 106, which all came out earlier this year – are available on the Roland cloud for $19.95 a month.
If you haven’t heard of the Roland Cloud yet, we’re not surprised – it launched only a few months ago and is still in its beta stage. However, the service is progressing rapidly.
If you want to give these classic synths a try you can sign up for a free one-month trial as part of the early access beta program. Find out more on the Roland Cloud site.
Keep your eyes peeled for more classic synths being added to the Roland cloud.
- Roland Are Now Offering Jupiter-8 & Juno-106 VST/AU Plug-Ins via Cloud Subscription Service You can now download official Roland VST/AU plug-ins for their classic Jupiter-8 and Juno-106 synths via their Roland Cloud subscription service.
Roland are offering classic Jupiter-8 […]
- Isotonik Creates A Suite Of Arcade-Inspired Ableton Live Plugins Including Pac-Man And Asteroids Some naysayers out there would argue that Ableton Live plugins are getting out of hand. I'm not one of those naysayers. Of course I want arcade games on my launchpad, why the hell wouldn't […]
- IK Multimedia Announces Syntronik, Featuring The Sounds Of 38 Vintage Synthesisers IK Multimedia have just announced a new software synthesiser that features classic 17 instruments with over 2,000 preset sounds. Syntronik combines samples from 38 vintage synths with a […]
- Behringer’s Budget Minimoog Model D Clone Now Has a Fully Working Prototype Last month, Behringer’s company founder, Uli Behringer announced the company will be cloning the iconic 1970’s Minimoog Model D.
Making the announcement via online gear forum, Gearslutz […]
- Moog unveils Subsequent 37 CV at Moogfest 2017, limited to only 2000 pieces worldwide With Moogfest 2017 beginning today, reports are rushing in of new synths, award recipients, performer reviews and everything in between.
Today the latest invention from the legendary […]
- Check Out The New Piece of Magical Hardware from Critter & Guitari That Turns Audio into Visuals The dilemma of creating fascinating eye candy to synchronise with live music is one step closer to being solved with a killer piece of hardware from boutique favourites, Critter and […]