For all the Bob Dylan fans with deep pockets: here’s your chance to nab a slice of history.
An historically significant guitar from the collection of Bob Dylan is about to be auctioned. The bidding will start at 300k.
The Martin acoustic comes with its fair share of historical provenance. It featured heavily in his sets from the late 60s to the mid 70s, including the George Harrison’s Concert for Bangladesh.
At a starting price of $300,000 though, only the most elite of collectors be battling it out for the guitar.
According to the current owner Larry Cragg, who was Dylan’s guitar repairman and who bought it for $500, “It has the same bridge pins, everything is just like it was when he had it: same case and everything, just like it was 40 years ago”.
So, if you’re planning to inherit a substantial amount of cash in the next few days, head on over to Heritage Auctions and get yourself a piece of history.
Via Music Radar.
- Fender and Supreme Release a New Stratocaster Supreme, the New York based streetwear brand has teamed up with Fender on a new Stratocaster.
In an unlikely match-up, Fender and Supreme have collaborated on an all-white […]
- An Icon of Fuzz Reborn: Electro Harmonix Reissue The Green Russian Big Muff The cult classic is back: the Green Russian Big Muff has just been reissued by Electro Harmonix.
The Green Russian Big Muff is being reissued, bringing the cult classic fuzz […]
- Fender Announce Four New Signature Models For George Harrison, Jimi Hendrix, Ed O’Brien and Justin Meldal–Johnsen Fender have been very busy over the past week. Just a few days ago, ahead of the 2017 Summer NAMM Show in Nashville, they announced their brand new Brad Paisley Signature […]
- Alpha Omicron brings Beautifully Brutal Distortion to the Bass Finnish pedal masters Darkglass Electronics have just released the Alpha Omicron - the little brother of the Alpha Omega, which was developed with help from Jon Stockman of Karnivool […]
- AliveInVR: An App for Controlling Ableton Live in Virtual Reality Available on Steam is the new app AliveInVR - designed to control Ableton Live with the HTC Vive VR headset.
If you're craving a way to get "inside" your Ableton Live set, […]
- Obelisk by Frozen Plains Creates Harmonies for MIDI Productions Audio software developers Obelisk have created Frozen Plains, a harmonising VST plugin.
Need help creating harmonies? Obelisk by Frozen Plains have delivered a musically […]