Mobile music making is easier and more intuitive than ever. At the vanguard of this movement is Blocs Wave for iOS, which is now available for free (though the “slicer” and “audio import” features are available as in-app purchases).
Sleek mobile music-making app, Blocs Wave for iOS is now free to download. Get creating, folks.
Recording, looping, chopping and building songs with the included library of soundpacks are made easy through its sleek user interface. Interestingly for more advanced users, the connectability with Ableton Live – exporting into Live sets or even synchronised jamming through Link should be pretty enticing.
Mobile devices have been gaining credence as professional production setups. Even one of Kendrick Lamar’s key collaborators, Steve Lacy uses his iPhone as his key production tool. More proof than ever that it’s the ear, not the gear!
Even if you prefer to keep more traditional tools at the centre of your production workflow, the easy interfacing between mobile and computer software makes apps like Blocs Wave all the more worthy of inspection.
Check out Blocs Wave here.
- Apple Is Beefing Up Garageband for iOS With Free Sound Library Apple have announced they will be beefing up their popular entry-level music-making tool for iOS, Garageband, with a new update featuring a new Sound Library where users can download new […]
- The New FM Player App from AudioKit Pro Dishes up Lush DX7 Tones For Free Developer AudioKit Pro has given the world FM Player: a deep and characterful FM synth emulation app for iOS. You can download it for free now.
The FM Player app from AudioKit Pro […]
- No More Jacks: Heritage Audio Announces BT-500 Bluetooth Streaming Module Integrating bluetooth devices into a recording or mixing workflow has long since been on the mind of studio professionals. Enter Heritage Audio, who have created the BT-500 module, which […]
- Need a DAW on the Fly? Beatmaker 3 Might Be For You Intua is set to release Beatmaker 3, a DAW for iOS, on July 15.
Beatmaker 3 by Intua allows you to capture the energy of live performance with a full DAW experience on a […]
- The New Ripplemaker App For iOS Is An Affordable Introduction To Modular Synths Soft-synths for tablet and mobile just keep getting better, bolder and more intuitive. The latest in an ever-increasing line of such instruments is the modular synth Ripplemaker from […]
- Spotify Buys Out Free Online DAW Soundtrap Spotify has bought out Soundtrap, the free DAW that allows users to make multitrack productions in their browser, FACT Mag reports.
Spotify has acquired Soundtrap, the free […]