Over the weekend, Songbirds Guitar Museum opened its doors for the first time, and with it, opened to the public the biggest collection of vintage guitars in the world.
Take a first peek inside the phenomenal Song Bird Guitar Museum, which boasts the largest collection of vintage guitars in the world.
Located in the guitar capital of the world, Tennessee, the Songbirds Guitar Museum boasts an unparalleled display of guitar history between 1930 and 1970, with a particular focus on rare models from Fender, Gibson and Gretsch.
At any given time there are roughly 500 specimens on display, selected from cache of 1700 different models, which are reported to have a combined value of $200 million USD.
The drool-inducing collection is housed in a 7,500 square-foot space in Chattanooga, Tennessee. It was a labour of love from David Davidson, a partner with We Buy Guitars in New York City and a member of the Songbirds Investment Group, that made the exhibit a reality.
The cream of the crop in the museum includes over 30 rare Gibson Sunburst Les Paul’s from 1958 through 1960, over 300 custom colour Fender guitars, a huge variety of ultra rare prototypes, six out of the eight two-pickup Fender Esquires ever made, over 45 classic “Bluegrass” flattops and a slew of guitars played by artists ranging from Jimi Hendrix to Chuck Berry.
You can see the first shots of the museum, thanks to reverb.com, below.
Check out more info on the museum via their website.
[all images via reverb.com
- The most played, recorded & sought after amp in music history. An Ode to the Fender Deluxe Reverb. Fender have spawned countless classic pieces of musical equipment since the company's inception in 1946. Many have been innovative, some genre-defining while other have been flops (wrong […]
- Strat Stats: Here’s Exactly What Makes A Vintage Stratocaster Valuable, By The Numbers What makes a vintage Stratocaster valuable? Gear marketplace, online publisher and straight-up guitar connoisseurs Reverb have dug deep on their sales data to find out.
The Fender […]
- Gibson Reveal New Range of Limited Edition Custom Shop and Ultima Guitars Gibson have had absolutely massive week, announcing two new model lines, with additions to the Ultima range of guitars, and a new selection of Custom Shop Les Paul Specials.
Gibson have […]
- Phoenix DRS-8: The Bird With The Biggest Wings Studios are generally becoming smaller and more cost effective operations. Many don’t have the space to house large format consoles. Manufacturers of preamps have continued to innovate […]
- Epiphone Have Just Unveiled The Cheapest Les Paul Ever Released So far, Summer NAMM has seen a slew of amazing new gear announced to the public. Just last week Fender announced four new signature models, including a George Harrison Telecaster, Jimi […]
- Pushing The Boundaries of Possibility: Les Paul’s Greatest Recording Innovations Born Lester William Polsfuss in 1915, the artist more widely known as Les Paul is venerated as the godfather of the solid-body electric guitar and figurehead of rock 'n' roll. Yet in truth […]