What makes a vintage Stratocaster valuable? Gear marketplace, online publisher and straight-up guitar connoisseurs Reverb have dug deep on their sales data to find out.
The Fender Stratocaster has been a mainstay of the guitar market since its launch in 1954. Along with Gibson’s Les Paul, it remains one of the most popular and most often emulated guitar bodies in the world.
Which is why it serves as such a great cornerstone for the market at large.
Price, finish and year: what determines the price of your Stratocaster, or the one you want to buy? Reverb has the answer.
The first (and likely the most important) aspect of Stratocaster sales examined was the year they were built. As we all know, older usually equals more expensive, but a small, inverse price rise did occur pre-1965 before Fender was taken over by CBS.
The below figures are for original, Sunburst Strats.
For figures on finishes, average price by year of production and way, way more, check out the full article on Reverb. It’s a beast of a read.
- Here Are The Best Selling Synthesisers And Drum Machines Of 2017 What was the best selling synthesiser or drum machine of 2017? If you're interested in what the rest of the world are buying, this one's for you.
The good people of Reverb.com have put […]
- The most played, recorded & sought after amp in music history. An Ode to the Fender Deluxe Reverb. Fender have spawned countless classic pieces of musical equipment since the company's inception in 1946. Many have been innovative, some genre-defining while other have been flops (wrong […]
- The Oracular Musical ‘Glue’ and Ways to Get It Attaining the musical 'glue' in a mix is one of the more nebulous pursuits in production. So what are we actually searching for in the quest? Essentially, it’s the aural sensation of all […]
- Gibson Reveal New Range of Limited Edition Custom Shop and Ultima Guitars Gibson have had absolutely massive week, announcing two new model lines, with additions to the Ultima range of guitars, and a new selection of Custom Shop Les Paul Specials.
Gibson have […]
- Inside The Songbirds Guitar Museum’s Phenomenal Guitar Collection Over the weekend, Songbirds Guitar Museum opened its doors for the first time, and with it, opened to the public the biggest collection of vintage guitars in the world.
Take a first […]
- Try Out The Ultra-Rare Triadex Muse Synthesiser From The Comfort Of Your Web Browser A synthesiser designed as a compositional aide by MIT professors Marvin Minsky and Edward Fredkin around 1970 , the Triadex Muse is considered by many to be one of the first digital […]