Gibson have had absolutely massive week, announcing two new model lines, with additions to the Ultima range of guitars, and a new selection of Custom Shop Les Paul Specials.
Gibson have revealed two new ranges of Limited Edition guitars in their Custom Shop and Ultima series.
The first new addition to the Gibson family is a line of limited edition custom shop Les Paul Specials, finished in a range of beautiful 60s-inspired colours and – as a first for Gibson – matching necks and headstocks.
This limited run is avaliable in a variety of bright finishes like Cardinal Red, Pelham Blue, Frost Blue, Inverness Green and Kerry Green, on top of the usual Les Paul Special features, such as a mahogany body and a set of P90s (see above).
The second new addition to the Gibson line is two new guitars in their Ultima rage: a new limited run Les Paul, and for the first time, an ES-335. The Ultima makeover includes pearl/abalone inlays with tree of life patterns and stunning gold hardware.
The Ultima Les Paul is available in two different finishes, Heritage Cherry Sunburst or Cobra, with the ES-335 sporting a metallic Inverness Green finish.
See Gibson for more info.
- Strat Stats: Here’s Exactly What Makes A Vintage Stratocaster Valuable, By The Numbers What makes a vintage Stratocaster valuable? Gear marketplace, online publisher and straight-up guitar connoisseurs Reverb have dug deep on their sales data to find out.
The Fender […]
- The most played, recorded & sought after amp in music history. An Ode to the Fender Deluxe Reverb. Fender have spawned countless classic pieces of musical equipment since the company's inception in 1946. Many have been innovative, some genre-defining while other have been flops (wrong […]
- Inside The Songbirds Guitar Museum’s Phenomenal Guitar Collection Over the weekend, Songbirds Guitar Museum opened its doors for the first time, and with it, opened to the public the biggest collection of vintage guitars in the world.
Take a first […]
- Epiphone Have Just Unveiled The Cheapest Les Paul Ever Released So far, Summer NAMM has seen a slew of amazing new gear announced to the public. Just last week Fender announced four new signature models, including a George Harrison Telecaster, Jimi […]
- Fender Announces Emerald Wheat Blues Deluxe Reissue Amp Fender are about to launch the Emerald Wheat Blues Deluxe Reissue Amp. This comes shortly after the release of the Black and Blue Princeton combos and the Bassbreaker 15.
- Warble and Wooziness: Pedal Talk With San Mei When you listen to San Mei - the solo moniker of Emily Hamilton - it doesn't at all come as a surprise that she calls the Gold Coast home. Her new EP Necessary is packed to the brim with […]