So far, Summer NAMM has seen a slew of amazing new gear announced to the public. Just last week Fender announced four new signature models, including a George Harrison Telecaster, Jimi Hendrix Strat, Ed O’Brien Strat and a Justin Meldal–Johnsen Mustang bass.
Now Epiphone have stolen the spotlight, with the announcement of a new range, which includes a $99 Les Paul.
Epiphone announce a new range at Summer NAMM, which includes a $99 Les Paul – the cheapest model of the guitar ever released.
The Epiphone Les Paul SL is set to feature dual ceramic ‘Epiphone Open Coil Humbuckers’, a 60s-style SlimTaper D Profile hard maple neck with a lightweight poplar body.
It will be avaliable in six colours exclusive to the model: Ebony, Heritage Cherry Sunburst, Pacific Blue, Sunset Yellow, Turquoise, and Vintage Sunburst. Its retail price starts at just $99.99 (roughly $130 AUD), making it the cheapest Les Paul ever produced – and you can’t really argue with that.
The Epiphone Les Paul SL is set to hit stores in September 2017. Keep an eye on the Epiphone website for more info.
Aside from their budget LP, Epiphone also announced a limited edition James Bay Signature “1966” Century Outfit, a new Les Paul studio, a SG Special, and an Embassy pro bass.
Check out Epiphone’s full list of new products from Summer NAMM 2017.
- Fender Announce Four New Signature Models For George Harrison, Jimi Hendrix, Ed O’Brien and Justin Meldal–Johnsen Fender have been very busy over the past week. Just a few days ago, ahead of the 2017 Summer NAMM Show in Nashville, they announced their brand new Brad Paisley Signature […]
- Fender Have Built a Small Batch of Esquires Made from the Bench Seats of the Hollywood Bowl Fender are making a habit of building new gear from old materials. At Winter NAMM in January, they announced a (very, very) small batch of amplifiers that were constructed from wood […]
- Crunch and Atmosphere: Pedal Talk With WAAX Wild and Weak, the new EP from Brisbane's WAAX, is one of the most hard-hitting releases of the year so far. Part of this stem's from singer Maz De Vita's wailing vocals, which barrel […]
- Strat Stats: Here’s Exactly What Makes A Vintage Stratocaster Valuable, By The Numbers What makes a vintage Stratocaster valuable? Gear marketplace, online publisher and straight-up guitar connoisseurs Reverb have dug deep on their sales data to find out.
The Fender […]
- Gibson Reveal New Range of Limited Edition Custom Shop and Ultima Guitars Gibson have had absolutely massive week, announcing two new model lines, with additions to the Ultima range of guitars, and a new selection of Custom Shop Les Paul Specials.
Gibson have […]
- Oriental Twangs and The Importance of Reverb: Gear Talk with A.D.K.O.B Sydney's A.D.K.O.B conjure a provocative sound; one that is uncluttered, meticulously considered and creatively executed. Through what appear to be relatively simple means, the band manage […]