There probably isn’t ever really a day one in any project and I know all too well a new recording studio in a city within a world now saturated with home, project and professional recording spaces is not all that exciting. But this has been a goal for many years and so here we are. So… what is day one? Is it the day you started to think about it or the day you started to think about thinking about it? Who can say. But like the Jesus story, it kind of helps to have a day one.
This is as close as we’ll get to a day one of Enmore Audio. If we’re lucky enough (or you’re lucky enough) we’ll find time to continue documenting the process.
We’re calling this day one because maybe it’s photo 1. Ancient sandstone block levelled, and new joists in The Stable brought up. We’ve had white ant problems in the building (fire doors and walls) before so everything is treated pine. Rock-wool stuffed into joist cavities and you’ll notice an old window has been bricked up. The wall between the rooms was knocked out so we were able to use these old bricks for the window. Win.
Thanks again to IYBI for our digital marketing, digital strategy, digital audit and social media management – you guys are ace.
- Making Enmore Audio Enmore Audio will eventually be a three room recording facility based in the inner west of Sydney. It will be a small world class facility best suited to small bands and singer / […]
- Enmore Audio | Mastering Studio Enmore Audio's mastering studio offers a wide range of mastering services and can tailor your master to suit an array of contrasting listening environments. Our control room, “The Kitchen” […]
- Creating Audio Loops for Video Games Looping is a vital part in the composition of music for video games. Why? Looping saves space. The concerns of real estate are especially paramount in mobile games, where disk space is […]
- Sights Set on 1608 Like most things online, if your Google search term isn't quite close enough you get a bit of porn. Such is life. I did a search for 1608 (without the API) and indeed some nudity presented […]
- Recording 101: It’s Not The Size, Its How You Use It Recording music can be heartbreakingly expensive. Now we have that elephant out of the room, we’ve tried to list a few ways to ease this heartbreak. While there seems to be no way to spend […]
- The first lot of Stud Walls are up. Double Gyprock and inside-out frame work The walls in a recording studio are built inside out. That is to say the stud work is on the outside and the Gyprock is facing inwards towards the existing room. Regardless of whether the […]