There’s nothing better to wake up to on a Monday than two dastardly handsome new effects pedals. Introducing the Boss RV-500 Reverb and MD-500 Modulation.
The two new stompboxes expand on the series which began with the DD-500 Delay, undoubtedly one of the most popular delay pedals of the past year.
Roland has expanded their pedal catalogue with the Boss RV-500 Reverb and MD-500 Modulation, twin successors to the world-renowned DD-500 Delay.
Both pedals are set in the same chassis as the DD-500, making for a clean visual addition to the series. I can already picture the pedal boards with a trifecta of these bad boys up top.
Both units run with 32–bit AD/DA conversion, stereo plus MIDI ins and outs, and a USB out for USB/MIDI and software sound editors.
The RV-500 boasts 12 modes with 21 reverb types (including Roland classics like the SRV-2000 Reverb and RE-201 Space Echo) with some extensive editing parameters.
The MV-500 includes a ton of new Boss-developed effects as well as vintage classics like the CE-1 Chorus Ensemble, Roland Dimension D, 70s script phaser, 80s tri-chorus, and numerous others.
Both pedals also include a dandy looking ‘Simul’ mode which allows you to use two reverb/modulation patches at once. Yummy.
- Placing A Crown on the BOSS DD-7. The only BOSS Analog Man claims doesn’t need a mod! In the guitar world, BOSS pedals are like childhood friends. Chances are the first pedal you bought as a budding guitarist was something along the lines of a DS-1 - fun, simple and like […]
- TC Electronic Release The M100, Delivering 16 Studio Quality Effects for a Very Reasonable $100 Danish effects masters TC Electronic have brought out a new hardware multi-effects unit, the M100, pulling together some the of best the company has to offer in delay, reverb, modulation […]
- Boss and JHS team up to Deliver the Angry Driver Distortion Pedal From the combined powers of Boss and JHS comes the Angry Driver - a devilish combo of the Boss Blues Driver and the JHS Angry Charlie.
The Angry Driver combines the best of both […]
- A Decade of Shimmer: The History of BOSS Chorus Pedals From 1975 to 1985 Chances are that if you've listened to any form of music in the last 40 years (especially from the 1980's) then you're familiar with the shimmering sound that goes by the name of […]
- Zoom Announces the Striking ARQ AR-48 Production Tool Zoom has introduced the ARQ AR-48, an all-in-one production and performance instrument.
The Zoom ARQ AR-48 is a unique instrument that accomplishes a range of production tasks […]
- Roland Reveal The D-05, Boutique Reissue Of Their Iconic D-50 Synthesiser Yep, Roland have hit another home run. The most recent release within their Boutique series has been revealed, and it's officially a D-50 rework named the D-05.
Honestly, I'm seconds […]