‘Tis the season for updates in the world of Pro Tools. Version 12.8 has just been released with a host of new features and bug fixes across all versions of the industry leading DAW.
AVID have just released Pro Tools 12.8 with a host of new features (the foremost being Dolby Atmos integration) and bug fixes across all versions!
In the flagship HD version, the headline changes focus mainly on the native integration of Dolby Atmos: the immersive surround sound format developed by Dolby Laboratories in 2012, which is fast becoming the industry standard speaker configuration for cinema, making Pro Tools HD hard to go past for professional audio visual work.
The non-HD updates are perhaps less glamorous and tend toward making the cloud-based collaborative feature more intuitive. The ability to have ten collaborators working remotely on the same project may be mind boggling to some, but collaborating across continents is increasingly common, and those participating in such projects will surely appreciate the seamlessness of Selective Project Sync.
You can also get your collab on in Pro Tools First, with the ability to share projects with any Pro Tools user. The Track Freeze addition is the real winner though: since version 12.4 HD and non HD users could “Freeze” tracks with plug ins and virtual instruments baked in, freeing up precious CPU power. Now it’s available in the free version. Nice!
For in depth details, including a comprehensive list of bug fixes, check out Pro Tools Expert.
- Getting choppy with the Soundtoys Tremolator Since emerging on the software scene, Soundtoys have been creating sonically fresh and mind-bending sound processing tools for DAW based recording. The company has steadily built a world […]
- Lightning Fast DAWs: Intel Announce Their New Ultra-Powerful X Series Processors Sure, maybe not a sexy as an announcement of a new line of analog synths, or sensational as a suite of game-changing plugins, but the unveiling of a new collection of processors from Intel […]
- Navigate the World of Synthesis with this Free Interactive Website Electric Telepathy have launched a mini-course to help people understand the basics of synthesis.
Need some help learning synthesis? Check out the lessons offered by Electric […]
- Is Behringer About to Release the MS-101 in Homage to Roland? In a stunt that is true to form of late for Behringer, they've mysteriously left a photo on their facebook page of someone toting what looks to be a Roland SH-101 clone, labelled […]
- Obelisk by Frozen Plains Creates Harmonies for MIDI Productions Audio software developers Obelisk have created Frozen Plains, a harmonising VST plugin.
Need help creating harmonies? Obelisk by Frozen Plains have delivered a musically […]
- Surgical EQ and Dynamics Across the Spectrum: Sonnox Release the Oxford Dynamic EQ for VST, AU, & AAX Oxford Dynamic EQ is the latest release from Sonnox, a plugin maker famed for creating powerful and innovative sound processing software.
Sonnox release the Oxford Dynamic EQ plug-in […]