Akai Professional have just released version 2.0 of their MPC software which can be used as a DAW or a plugin.
Akai Professional’s MPC software has just reached version 2.0. It brings regular DAW features to the table, as well as tight integration with MPC hardware.
The new software is understandably skewed toward beatmaking, featuring real-time time-stretch, pitch-shifting and Ableton link support.
As such, the software is compatible with a host of Akai hardware units and controllers such as the MPC X, Live and Touch.
It also, however, adds functionality that pushes it into standalone DAW territory, such as audio track recording, advanced signal routing capability, effects returns and multi-output capability.
As well as the new MPC 2.0 software, Akai are also releasing the Vault 2.0, which will feature over 10GB of samples and instruments from the world’s leading sample libraries.
Visit Akai Professional for more details.
- Reason 10 Set to Drop Next Month with New Synths and Samples Propellerhead have just announced the release of Reason 10 - the new version of their popular DAW.
To celebrate Reason 10, the popular DAW comes packed with two new synths, […]
- Max 8 by Cycling ’74 to be Released in 2018 Cycling '74 has announced that Max 8, the new version of the popular programming language, will be released early next year.
Max 8, the popular programming language for building […]
- Spotify Buys Out Free Online DAW Soundtrap Spotify has bought out Soundtrap, the free DAW that allows users to make multitrack productions in their browser, FACT Mag reports.
Spotify has acquired Soundtrap, the free […]
- Korg Gadget to be Released on the Nintendo Switch Korg's synth-based DAW, Gadget is set for release on the Nintendo Switch, their new flagship console.
Serious music production power on a gaming platform: Korg Gadget is coming […]
- Say Goodbye to Latency with Quantum 2 from PreSonus PreSonus has just revealed the Quantum 2 Thunderbolt audio interface. Smaller than the original, it delivers on the same promise of its big brother: near zero latency.
Quantum 2 […]
- FG-Stress by Slate Digital Brings a Hardware Classic to Your DAW The FG-Stress compressor plugin by Slate Digital gives DAW users access to the tonal quality of one of the most coveted pieces of studio hardware, the Empirical Labs […]